SCHUTT VENGEANCE VTD II
The Schutt Vengeance VTD II is the newest generation VTD helmet from Schutt Sports. VTD stands for Variable Thickness and Durometer. The TPU Cushioning contains durometers that are specifically designed to absorb both high-velocity and low-velocity impacts New and improved impact absorption and performance over the original Vengeance VTD. The Schutt Vengeance VTD II features a combination of the latest generation of our patented TPU Cushioning System: Single and Dual Layer TPU.
Single Layer TPU delivers better impact absorption while reducing overall weight and Dual Layer TPU is featured in the helmet’s front Mechanically attaching the TPU system holds it securely in place, but it also enables us to put thicker TPU cushions in the helmet Two piece faceguard retainer seem eliminates upper loop straps, making it easier and faster to attach or remove the faceguard. Incorporating the best design elements of the ION 4D and the AiR XP, the Vengeance VTD II shell features our patented Flexural Resistance Back Shelf Design – increasing strength and impact absorption in the back of the helmet. This helmet requires a Vengeance Facemask
While the Schutt Vengeance VTD II Adult Football Helmet looks like its predecessor, functionally it’s far superior. Beneath the popular Vengeance shell, Schutt has improved the protection system inside the helmet to increase the impact absorption properties. The results are impressive. The Schutt Vengeance VTD II is the second best-scoring helmet in Virginia Tech’s STAR evaluation system, registering a value of 0.180 – the second lowest score ever recorded – taking its place near the top of Schutt’s three 5-star rated helmets.
The upgraded SUREFIT TPU air liner still provides the soft, pillow-like feel that Vengeance helmets have drawn praise for in the past. Like all of Schutt’s adult helmets, the Vengeance VTD II includes thermoplastic urethane (TPU) as its main cushioning system, combining dual layer TPU in the front and a single layer in the back and crown of the helmet. The front of the helmet features a dual-layer TPU to handle those hard front-facing hits, while the body of the helmet is lined with a lightweight, high-performance single layer TPU. The entire TPU lining is mechanically fused to the shell of the helmet for security while the SUREFIT Air Liner creates a comfortable cushion between the players’ head and the TPU.
The aggressive shell design remains the same, including Schutt’s Flexural Resistance Back Shelf that increases the strength and impact absorption in the back of the helmet. While it’s a familiar look in the football world, it’s also one that has produced unprecedented results.
Available in a wide variety of eye-catching premium colors, the Vengeance VTD II is the latest in Schutt’s lineup of five star rated football helmets, which also includes both the Air XP Pro VTD II and Schutt Vengeance PRO.
The Vengeance VTD II offers elite athletes the perfect blend of comfort and protection from both low and high-velocity impacts, outperforming other football helmets that cost more and offer less in terms of protection and comfort.
- Brand: Schutt
- Age: Adult
- Weight: 2.95 lbs
- Shell Type: Polycarbonate
- Pad Type: Single Layer and Dual Layer TPU
- Inflatable: Yes
- Compatible Facemasks: Schutt Vengeance Facemasks; Schutt Super Pro XL Facemasks
- Virginia Tech Helmet Rating: ★★★★★
- COMBINATION OF DUAL LAYER AND SINGLE LAYER TPU
- The VTD model utilizes the newest generation of Schutt’s patented TPU cushioning system
- Single layer TPU is a ribbed system constructed in one layer delivering better impact absorption while reducing the overall weight
- The VTD also utilizes patented Dual Layer TPU in the front portion of the helmet
- UPGRADED SUREFIT TPU AiR LINER
- A tweak to the padding inside the liner has upped the absorption properties of the VTD II
- The SUREFIT Air Liner features a TPU outer skin with increased surface coverage that makes it ultra comfortable and gives the helmet a soft, “pillow-like” feel
- Beneath the skin, additional comfort foam creates a dynamic fit and long-lasting durability
- This air liner also features a layer of high impact foam in the front cushion adding an additional layer of protection
- HIGH POWERED SHELL DESIGN
- Features patented Flexural Resistance Back Shelf Design – increasing strength and impact absorption in the back of the helmet.
- DYNAMIC FACEGUARD LINE
- Organically inspired and intimidating by design, the Vengeance faceguards feature an offset eyebrow design that increases impact absorption.
- Features Twist Release System for easy facemask attachment
- 7/8″ AiR Maxx TPU jaw pads provide the impact absorption and performance of TPU for the mandible and jaw area, protecting from side and frontal impacts
- Includes a Schutt soft cup chinstrap